Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2010 21:00

HELP the Internal mic of my laptop doesn't work

i need help. 

idk what's happening with my internal mic it doesn't work anymore

y try to speak with my friends on video calls in msn or skype and they can't listen to me.. but i can listen them

idk if it is desactivated or something.. idk how to check this..

can someone please help me?? i have a XPS M1530

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 28th, 2010 06:00

Take a look at What is the Integrated Webcam and Digital Array Microphone. At the bottom of that page there is a link to a troubleshooting wizard named "Problem with the Integrated Web Camera" Wizard ID 297119. You will be asked to submit the model name of your computer and its operating system, then you can select the type of problem you are having, which is "The microphone is not working". This wizard is a good place to start diagnosing your problem and it will walk you through all of the steps to configure the camera & mic array. It will show you how to run the Dell Diagnostics tests on the webcam to find out if the hardware has failed and where to get help if it has. It has the details of the several pieces of software to reinstall if the hardware is okay.

I would test it with a recording program such as Windows Sound Recorder instead of a voip program, to eliminate configuration issues which make diagnosis difficult. If you need to post back here please mention the name of your operating system.

August 28th, 2010 18:00

thank you so much!

i'll try all these steps .. 

let u know if it work (:

1 Message

September 6th, 2010 20:00

Gina

Dell has done a poor job supporting the XPS line with Win 7 (I'm assuming you are running this OS).  You can go to this blog to find some answers if you are running Win 7:

http://keyliner.blogspot.com/2009/10/dell-xps-m1530-windows-7.html

Kirk

No Events found!