Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 1st, 2009 20:00

Indexing not working

at one point the indexing did in fact work. i dont know what i did or what happened but nothing is indexed and i can no longer search my emails.

i've gone into the indexing options and "rebuild" the index, and it still hasnt moved from "0" files indexed.

any suggestions?

1 Message

June 16th, 2010 06:00

This solution relates to Windows 7, but it could also work for Vista.  Just for reference, I am using a Studio 1558 Core i5 with Windows 7.  Bios v06.  I had problems with Windows Search from Day 1.  It was not indexing properly or returning search results. Very frustrating.  I tried EVERYTHING before I came across this solution.

1. Uninstall McAfee Security Centre (yes, I do mean totally uninstall it from your machine).
  2. Restart your computer.
  3. Rebuild the index (open Indexing and Search Options by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Indexing Options. Click Advanced, click the Index Settings tab, and then click Rebuild. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation).
  4. Wait until indexing has finished, this may take several minutes.
  5. Try a sample search, ie type a random word from a random file in the search field on the Start button.  If it works, you problem is solved.
  6. Reinstall McAfee Security Centre.
  7. Happy searching.
No Events found!