Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 3rd, 2011 02:00

Inspiron 11z (1121) - Integrated Mic Problem!

Hey all,

I love this mini little computer, but the main issue I'm having is the mic isn't working.  When I open up the Recording Devices, the sound level fills to the top, then it slowly moves to the bottom, and then there is absolutely no movement on the level next to the mic.  

After I increase the levels all the way up, there is still no indication that anything is happening.

After I installed Dell Webcam Central, and looking at the mic in that, I do get a little movement in the level meter in there:

If I do a loud clap in front of the microphone, one of the sides will barely raise up (maybe to the first tick mark).  

Has anybody had any problems with the ALC259 and RealTek HD Audio?  I would really appreciate any help; I'm at my wits' end and I don't know how to proceed past here.  

Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

October 3rd, 2011 16:00

The screen shot helps a lot here. It clearly points that the mic is set up as the default device.  If you click configure, it should allow you to set up the mic.  There is an area where it will test the mic by having you read aloud a little paragraph. Have you ran this took and if so has it made a difference?

If possible try an external Microphone and see if it acts any better, just to make sure that this isn't a Windows / driver issue.  

If other microphones work fine and you still can't get any better performance out of the integrated microphone you may consider having it replaced under warranty.

If you would like for me to look into it, please shoot me a private message with the service tag of the system, your name, location, shipping and email addresses, and phone number and I will be happy to research possible service options.

TB

No Events found!