Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 16th, 2011 20:00

Inspiron 1525 w/Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset - No Resources Available.

I need help with a problem on my Dell Inspiron 1525.  When I bought the laptop it was loaded with Windows Vista that I eventually upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium (32bit) and everything ran great.  Then, after checking my device drivers, I found updates for some of my out of date device drivers.  I updated the drivers and flashed my BIOS to A17 and discovered I no longer was able to use Areo Effects.  I ran the Areo troubleshooter and got the following message:

The current video card may support Aero with a driver that is compliant with the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM).  Contact the manufacturer of your computer or video card for a WDDM-compatible driver.

So, I went to Device Manager and found the Yellow (!) next to the Display adapters - Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

I clicked on Properties and found this message:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Here is the Driver Information:

Device Type: Display adapters

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Driver Provider: Intel Corporation

Driver Date: 9/23/2009

Driver Version: 8.15.10.1930

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

Then I refreshed my WEI and it failed.  Here are the results.

More details about my computer

Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz 5.5
  Determined by lowest subscore
Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB 5.5
Graphics 3.5
Gaming graphics Not detected 3.1
Primary hard disk 369GB Free (658GB Total) 5.9
Windows 7 Home Premium

System  
  Manufacturer Dell Inc.
  Model Inspiron 1525
  Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
  System type 32-bit operating system
  Number of processor cores 2
  64-bit capable Yes
Storage  
  Total size of hard disk(s) 693 GB
  Disk partition (C:) 369 GB Free (658 GB Total)
  Disk partition (D:) 28 GB Free (34 GB Total)
  Media drive (E:) CD/DVD
Graphics  
  Display adapter type Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
  Total available graphics memory Not detected
        Dedicated graphics memory 0 MB
        Dedicated system memory 0 MB
        Shared system memory 0 MB
  Primary monitor resolution 1280x800
  DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better
Network  
  Network Adapter Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller
  Network Adapter Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN Mini-Card
  Network Adapter Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Notes  
  The gaming graphics score is based on the primary graphics adapter. If this system has linked or multiple graphics adapters, some software applications may see additional performance benefits.
  Caution: Based on the results of the WinSAT Disk assessment, your system drive may have slower response times under some workloads. Performance results will depend on the specific applications used and the amount of memory available. If your experience is satisfactory, no action is needed.

I tried to restore to before the upgraded drivers were installed, but it failed.  I can usually find solutions to computer problems.  But this one has me stumped.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

3.8K Posts

April 19th, 2011 13:00

Hi Cptnmrvl,

Welcome to the Community. The Inspiron 1525 does not have Windows 7 drivers on our Support Site, but the Vista driver for the Intel chipset may work. Try updating the video driver using the below link. If this does not work, download it from the Intel Website.

Thank you

Royan

1 Message

May 4th, 2011 10:00

Cptnmrvl,

I was looking to purchase a laptop with your specs to replace an existing device.  Would you consider selling it?  Please send me a note if you would be interested.

Thanks!

No Events found!