Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 22nd, 2012 02:00

Inspiron n7110 wireless problem - please help

I just bought a new Dell n7110. It came with FreeDOS, and I installed Win XP SP2 on it.

I instantly regretted buying this computer, since they are forcing me to use the horrible Windows 7 - there are simply no drivers for Win XP for most of my computer's hardware.

I installed the drivers in the order given on this site. Dell System Software wouldn't install on XP, and neither would nVidia drivers (and trust me, I tried all the drivers I could find on the net). I still have an unknown USB Device, Network Controller and Video Controller (VGA). I spent 3 friggin days trying to find a solution.

My biggest problem is the network driver. I have a Dell 1702+BT, installed the driver (it's for Win 7), there is no error message, wireless is turned on, judging by the indicator on my computer, but there is no wireless connection in the Control Panel - Network Connections.

Is there any help, or should I just return this crap and buy something else?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

February 22nd, 2012 06:00

should I just return this crap and buy something else?

It's not "crap".

Your failure to investigate the laptop's suitability for Windows XP is just that - your fault.

Return it if you are within the return period.

You will end up with the same problem with other models if you fail to do your research before purchase.

February 23rd, 2012 01:00

@ieee488:

You had nothing smart or helpful to say, so you should have just kept it for yourself. I don't see why there are no drivers for this crap, since XP is not such an old OS. Many people use it instead of the disgusting Win 7 which is unstable, not user-friendly and very non-intuitive.

No Events found!