Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

T

2 Posts

November 14th, 2006 06:00

Keyboard Letters

I have an Inspiron 1000 that is only about  year to a year and a half old and I am losing the letters on the keyboard! The "A" is gone completely and the "W", "S", "O", "L", "E", "D", and "N" are almost gone.  Anybody else have this problem?  What can I do?? Would appreciate any help or ideas you have.....Thanks!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 14th, 2006 10:00

You can either apply stickers to the keyboard with new lettering, or replace the keyboard.

1.6K Posts

March 4th, 2009 11:00

The keyboard is warranted with the system - if the system is under warranty, have Dell replace it.  If the system warranty has expired, so has the warranty on the keyboard.

11 Posts

March 4th, 2009 11:00

My  XPS 6300 is 14 months old and I  disllke this black keyboard. So many letters are worn off. I had a white keyboard before and nothing ever rubbed off as the letters were embedded and I had it for 9 yrs . I don't usually even look at the keyboard when typing but its the principle of the thing.  For what  I paid for this Dell the letters should sure stay on longer than a year. I don't  think I should have to put out money for a new one when  the quality should have been better in the first place.  The XPS is a great machine but keyboard is important....GRRR! I know I can put stickers on it or paint it but what a pain. Does anyone know if there is any warranty on the keyboard?

TB

No Events found!