Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 9th, 2013 23:00

best backpack for 17R 7720 ??

Say, can anyone offer advice on a good protective bag for this 17.3 inch behemoth? :emotion-35:

I'm not going to be hauling it around much  (its really a desktop replacement) but when I do move it, I'd like to be hauling it in a bag with REALLY GOOD PADDING... 

Ideally a backpack, maybe a messenger bag or valise typa thing - looking for ADVICE! 

something not too expensive, but with a good fit for the machine ( and lots of padding!)

1.8K Posts

January 23rd, 2013 08:00

Hi 090909,

Apologies for the delayed response. 

The deals keep on changing on Dell website. I would suggest that you can check the Dell website for alternate options. For customer reviews on  Dell Adventure 17" Bag , you can check the customer's rating after selecting the bag. As an example image is shown below:

Please reply for further clarifications. 

41 Posts

February 11th, 2013 14:00

I 'snagged' the 17 inch adventure bag a week ago when it was available at the online DELL store at 50% off ( yes, thirty bucks!)

It arrived today and I am happy to report that it fits the 7720 PERFECTLY, with a little room to spare up top so I can leave my wireless trackball dongle plugged in.

EXCELLENT build quality, materials and sewing look top notch. I can compare it to TARGUS and similar bags available locally, and would say this is easily as good as or better than a typical "$100" notebook bag of this size. Its well padded in the most important places ( like the BOTTOM of the notebook compartment)

:emotion-21::emotion-21::emotion-21:

1.8K Posts

February 11th, 2013 15:00

Hi 090909,

I am glad you liked the product.

Please feel free to get in touch in case you have any further questions. 

1.8K Posts

January 10th, 2013 00:00

Hi 090909,

If you in US and planning to purchase it from Dell, you can take a look at the options from link: http://dell.to/UCdtcx You may contact Dell spares at: http://dell.to/PlvA9D 

In case you belong to a different region, you can change your country from the drop down menu.

Log in to website and click on ‘Contact Dell Sales’. You will get the contact information to get in touch with Dell Spare Parts and Accessories department

You may also visit a local store and buy a bag after checking it physically. 
Please reply in case you have further questions. 

41 Posts

January 18th, 2013 22:00

I'm in Canada, actually. And well, DELL had a deal on the 17 inch "adventure" bag and it looked just right. But by the time my paypal payment cleared, the price had gone up 20 bucks! (the sale price didnt stay in my cart during the transaction) So now I'm stuck with $47 in my paypal account, and nothing to buy with it - Can I get a $20 coupon code, please?

41 Posts

January 22nd, 2013 14:00

DELL just love to do the old "bait and switch", it seems (sigh)

Back on subject, does anybody here have the DELL ADVENTURE 17 bag - and could they comment on the quality?

So many of these bags look great to start with, but the stitching pulls loose in the first month or two...

No Events found!