Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 3rd, 2013 06:00

six beeps on start of Dell Studio 1558 and do not boot.

Hi, I have recently purchased Dell Studio 1558 second hand. On pressing the power button the laptop is beeping continuously for 6 times stops and starts beeping continuously again for 6 times and stops beeping...screen blank....

From the dell studio 1558 manual available online I think it is a Video Card Failure. 

Is this a video card failure?

How much it costs to fix it?

Please help.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 3rd, 2013 08:00

The system is on borrowed time - you will likely find it harder and harder to get the system to power up, until eventually, it fails to power up at all.

Depending on how recently you purchased the system and on whether it came with any kind of warranty, you might want to seek a refund of the purchase and return the system to the seller.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 3rd, 2013 07:00

It is a video chip failure - this system doesn't have a video card, so the mainboard needs to be replaced.  Estimate:  $200-250 for the board, plus $100 or so  in labor.

3 Posts

Thanks for reply...

After trying few times... the laptop starts...

I bought the laptop recently(second hand)...Do I have to replace the mother board immediately?

3 Posts

Thanks EJN63 for reply.

I will try to return the system to the seller...

1 Message

December 4th, 2014 01:00

Hi,I visited DELL’s driver update page to download/update drivers for my studio 1558 of 2010.But in many it is not mentioned whether the particular one is for my model also or not. In some of them it is mentioned that it is for latitude model, inspiron etc: But it is not mentioned about Studio 1556 .In some cases no detail is mentioned as to which all models that particular driver suits.THEY SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED THAT IMPORTANT INFORMATION  .WITH OUT THAT IT IS REALY NOT HELPFUL.

My Bios was updated to A12 Version in 2012.But because my display driver stops sometimes I tried to update the Bios recently from DELL’s  support page. But though the version numbers of the one  found there now,is  same as the one installed in my laptop in the year 2012(Version: A12).Though the version numbers of the older one and that of the one found now are same, the appearance of both of  the software’s  are different.

In addition to guiding me on the above mentioned other  queries, also please tell me about the Bios update ,whether both the two above mentioned are the same or not?

I also would  like to know whether they stopped giving  active support to studio models or not ?

Thanks for your valuable help.

No Events found!