Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 13th, 2013 15:00

xps m1730 - error code 2000:0411 - keyboard backlight cable

Hello!

This might be part of a bigger problem, however, I'd like to treat this as a separate issue...

Diagnostics comes up with error code 2000:0411 which means that the keyboad backlight cable was not detected... (BTW: what IS the backlight cable? is it the flat brown cable on the underside of the keyboard that you connect to the motherboard connector labelled CN3? or is it part of the flat connector in front of the SPACE key?

and, indeed, the Fn+RIGHT-ARROW combination does nothing anymore (it worked until last week)...funnily enough however, the diagnostics came up with that error code already, say, about 2 weeks ago, when the backlight was still working!

I have dis.- and re-connected the keyboard several times now, doesn't help.

Should I buy a replacement keyboard to solve the problem, or is it caused by another unit (say some controller on the motherboard)?

2K Posts

May 14th, 2013 15:00

Hi HighVoltageHerbie,

It is unfortunate that the computer is giving an error. The backlight cable is a cable which connects the keyboard to the inside of the computer it is not visible until keyboard is taken out.

The above error indicates the cable/cables are not being detected. The error code starts when the part is just started to fail so even when the backlight was working. If the backlight cable is failed then replacing the keyboard might fix it.

You may also use the below link to check warranty status, if the computer is in warranty do send me the system service tag via private message:

http://dell.to/10MwTCN

I will check and let you know what needs to be done.

To send a private message, click on my username and select start conversation.

57 Posts

May 14th, 2013 18:00

Hi Kiran!

Thanks for the answer! No, the computer is long out of warranty, but I'll replace the keyboard now... moreover, the "e" and "m" keys are a bit damaged, so nothingh wrong with it....I'll see what I can do!

Thanks for the comments!

2K Posts

May 15th, 2013 12:00

Hi HighVoltageHerbie,

Then replacing the keyboard should help. Request you to refer the below link for manual:

http://dell.to/YWp7X2

You may refer the above link to replace keyboard.

If you have any other questions do reply to the same thread.

No Events found!