Start a Conversation

Unsolved

2 Posts

March 25th, 2019 20:00

4 yellow 1 blue battery light flash

I have a Dell Precision M4500, and I recently used it on battery power for a bit. After I plugged it in again, the battery light flashed yellow 4 times and blue once, then repeated. This went on for a few minutes, and the battery did not charge. The battery still ran the system and re-inserting the adapter and battery did not fix it. After a few minutes, the flash code stopped and the battery charged normally. The battery was and still is perfectly functional. The service manual for my system does not appear to describe this flash code (the closest match it has is alternating amber with steady blue), and the Dell forums and knowledgebase only seem to talk about other systems that do not appear to be closely related. I remember this happening a few months ago too, but I think it might have been 2 yellow flashes instead of 4 last time. What does this mean, and is it a serious problem or something that I can just ignore?

Also, which forum am I supposed to post this on? There does not seem to be a Precision forum.

5.6K Posts

March 26th, 2019 07:00

@0100001001000010 wrote:

Also, which forum am I supposed to post this on? There does not seem to be a Precision forum.

Workstations forum.

March 26th, 2019 20:00

I can't find a workstation forum. Can you link me to it?
No Events found!