Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

April 5th, 2018 18:00

7390 IR webcam not working

I recently got a brand new 7390 Latitude with touch-screen (non 2-in-1). However, had to upgrade the SSD to a PCIe since the original order came with SATA. Before upgrading to the PCIe SSD, the infrared camera worked for facial recognition.

However, the new SSD did not come imaged so I had to use the recovery USB to get back on to the windows 10. The drivers had to be manually installed after the Windows was up and running. 

However, the infrared lights aren't working for the camera. The camera works when i select for the Camera app but the face sign-in doesn't seem to work (meaning, the camera works and asks me to stay in the center, but it does nothing). In device manager, the camera shows as an Integrated Webcam, instead of IR webcam. I have re-installed realtek IR camera drivers, but nothing has worked.

All drivers and BIOS are up to date.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

April 6th, 2018 05:00

Hi dlat,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Your post didn't indicate whether or not you re-installed Webcam Central.  

Here is some information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software Guide

Windows 10 Hello Facial Recognition feature - supported systems and requirements

9 Posts

April 8th, 2018 17:00

Thanks. I was able to resolve this by updating windows through a series of updates. And one of them probably did the job.

1 Message

May 16th, 2018 23:00

Same issue here.  Updates not working.  It appears that when Facial Recognition is added, then removed, it cannot be re-added using the Dell Latitude without the OS somehow identifying the IR cam.  Disabling and enabling the feature alone is enough in my tests to break the recognition.

I'd also like to mention, Dell removed the downloads and discontinued that program almost a year ago.  Long before any laptops were being shipped by Dell that supported an IR camera for Facial Recognition, and Webcam Central has never been supported on Windows 8+ afaik.

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln265814/install-guide-for-webcam-central-20-on-your-dell-pc?lang=en

Webcam Central was not provided on those laptops and no download is available.  Moreover, I don't believe it resolves issues with the secondary IR cam.

2 Posts

February 7th, 2020 16:00

I have the same problem. I bought it in April 2019. I did not use the camera, therefore, did not notice the problem for 8 months. Now I have install the realtek, but the camera did not working too.

2 Posts

February 7th, 2020 19:00

Problem solved. Dell personnel checked, I did not select camera option in my order. 

1 Message

December 12th, 2021 12:00

Can you please explane me better how do you solved this issue because I have the same one but I cannot solve it. thanks

1 Message

February 16th, 2022 15:00

Can you please advice which update or the version of your driver. Thanks

No Events found!