Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

K

1 Message

November 18th, 2020 10:00

Can't sign on without wifi

I have a new to me Dell Latitude 5550. When it came in (it is a refurbished unit), I was able to set up the computer at home, created a pin for sign on etc. Now I am somewhere without internet and I can't log on to my laptop. It tells me to log on with an alternative method, but doesn't give me any options, just the pin. 

Surely there has to be a way to work on this laptop without wifi!

• 

25.7K Posts

November 19th, 2020 04:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

2 Intern

• 

410 Posts

November 19th, 2020 05:00

sounds like you are logging in with your Microsoft account. try switching to a local account that won't need internet access.

1 Message

February 27th, 2021 07:00

Need help with the same issue and am not finding any solution. I can’t get WiFi and need access to my computer. 

May 10th, 2021 22:00

Did you figure it out? This doesn't make any sense and it's a horrible waste of time! I'm at a hotel so I need to open a browser to have wifi access and of course I can't because this silliness doesn't let me in!!!!! Another reason why I hate windows! Im forced to use it for some software but can't wait to install Linux. 

1 Message

January 30th, 2023 20:00

Is anyone there??? So I've rebooted my computer by pressing f 12 multiple times but now I restarted and am at the beginning where it asks for pin that will not allow me to enter because of NO INTERNET/WIFI. Computer is one year old and hate to go to geek squad. There are no external buttons to push/start so I'm out of options after multiple hours on this issue.  Help anyone, please.

January 30th, 2023 21:00

Yikes! I know there’s a way to do it and now I can’t remember how…but there’s a moment where the system asks and you can say: local account: I had to call their customer service for them to tell me when and where because it’s a tiny written thing kind of hidden. 

October 9th, 2023 02:52

I got same problem in my laptop, now I can't sign in and wifi in my laptop are also off. I am not able connect to the wifi. can you help me, which method you follow to solve this issue. please reply me soon 

No Events found!