Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

1 Rookie

• 

10 Posts

July 20th, 2019 07:00

Dell Command Power Manager - Thermal Management not kicking until I switch to it?

I have a Latitude E7250 and when I first installed Windows 10 etc, the fan was incredibly noisy.

But then I discovered the DC Power Manager tool, installed it and selected the Optimised Thermal setting which instantly turned the noise right down.

However, I have noticed that whenever I reboot the PC, the fan is still noisy and remains noisy even if I wait 5-10 mins for the laptop to stablise.

Eventually I right click the Power icon, in the taskbar and right click the Dell Command | Power Manager link.

At which point the Power Manager appears on the Battery Information tab - the fan noise remains high. 

I then click the Thermal Management and almost immediately the fan noise drops - before I even click any option (Optimised is always selected).

The fan noise then generally stays low - maybe fluctuating slightly when I do something intensive - until I reboot.

It is as if the Thermal Management is not kicking in until I access the Power Manager and switch to the Thermal Management tab.

Is there anyway of forcing this to happen without me having to go through all the above steps each time after a reboot?

I cannot always hibernate, because this seems to mess with the displays not always being restored after hibernate.

No Responses!
No Events found!