Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

June 26th, 2019 12:00

Dell E5450 Backlit Keyboard stopped working

I have a Latitude E5450 I bought in 2015.  It's updated to Win 10.  All drivers and BIOS are current.  However, the backlit keyboard worked fine and now it doesn't, it stopped working some months ago.  I've decided to see if I can fix the problem.  In the BIOS setup, (entered using the F2 key during startup), it does not show the backlit keyboard option.  What I've found in he DELL community is that if it doesn't not show it, it's not available.  This, then raises obvious question:  if it worked and now it doesn't, what happened to it...where'd it go?  And, how do I get it back?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

June 27th, 2019 07:00

Hi Merlin09

The mentioned issue seems to be with the keyboard hardware If the backlit option was working and it has stopped working all of a sudden without making any software or hardware changes, as you have mentioned that the option is not detected in BIOS. This model is compatible with Windows 10 hence it shouldn't be any software issue or driver limitations. The only last step you can perform is to check if it works in safe mode. However, the chances are less as the BIOS doesn't have the option to turn on or off the backlit keyboard. You can follow the link to log into safe mode  https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln306359/how-to-boot-to-safe-mode-in-windows-10?lang=en

8 Posts

July 18th, 2019 02:00

Dear Merlin09,

If you tried it safe mode and problem persists,

please try to reseat the keyboard cable.

Regards.

No Events found!