Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

5 Posts

August 8th, 2018 01:00

Latitude 5285 touchscreen issue

Is anyone facing the issue of touchscreen not working on either tablet or desktop mode in latitude 5285 2-1?

Drivers & software are up to date. 

Kindly help

August 8th, 2018 23:00

If your resolution is 1980X1280 (vs. 1980x1080) the bottom 200 pixels do not respond to touchscreen input, this appears to be a bug in DELL firmware.

5 Posts

August 9th, 2018 00:00

In my case entire screen is unresponsive

August 9th, 2018 13:00

Hello,

I have Same problem, but in my case, 80% of Touch Screen is working.

Please, see attached screen shot, after line is not working.

I tried to calibrate, but it did not help.

After line is not working touchscreenAfter line is not working touchscreen

2 Posts

August 17th, 2018 06:00

I have a couple of these with this issue, the bottom 1 inch of the screen doesn't respond to touches.  And the resolution change is no help.  Actually changing the resolution makes the display shorter than the screen size, and it doesn't help anyway.

Had this happen to 1, and then a second unit.  No external damage that I can see.  Weird.

August 28th, 2018 05:00

Is there any solution?

September 21st, 2018 12:00

so, what is solution?

3 Posts

October 16th, 2018 15:00

Another Lucky guy here!

So Will Dell Fix it with like Touchscreen Firmware update? or just get rid of this cool machine?

Probably not as bad for me. Bottom is fine but just above whole row was not responding. It improved a bit! Now if I touch near corners in that 2nd row it captures touch and I can press it or drag to remove. But sometimes it stays on!

3 Posts

October 17th, 2018 15:00

I figured out a workaround! Its not gonna help every one like if whole bottom area is non responsive. In my case Problem is not too severe. My touch only gets stuck in bottom around corners. So I gave up those few pixels by adding Custom Resolution of 1912x1280 . Its holding really well! No Ghost touches and no stuck touches when I touch in that area. Yay! No need to return or replace this device which I really like. 

4 Posts

July 28th, 2021 21:00

i have two of these, both have the same issues one is new (not age, but new as in hasn't been used). So obviously, it is an issues with these model. Dell knows about it if they are replacing cables etc but others have tried and it did not help. i jsut updated both machines since one has factory w10 and still did not work .. as someone mentioned even in bios it is an issue. i guess this is why we went away from dell as a company, stuff like this that lose your corporate customers.

No Events found!