Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

4 Posts

December 18th, 2021 11:00

Latitude 5320 System BIOS Update 1.14.3 Blue Screen & Booting Issues

After upgrading my 5320's BIOS to the new 1.14.3 version today, the laptop will not boot. When pressing the power button, the light on the button will show for around 10 seconds and then turn off again. Occasionally the whole keyboard lights up but the laptop will shutdown shortly after, but sometimes the laptop will turn on and display a "Time-of-day not set - please run SETUP program" error, and upon pressing "Continue", the laptop will then shutdown again. A few times it has booted but then shown a blue screen for a while before shutting down.

Should I downgrade my BIOS by using an external USB, or should I do something else e.g. BIOS recovery?

Thanks

January 5th, 2022 06:00

So, is Dell ever going to fix their firmware? This is absolutely ridiculous.

January 5th, 2022 07:00

So, is Dell ever going to fix their firmware? This is absolutely ridiculous and we are unable to downgrade. Reflashing the firmware seems to fix this sometimes, but for some we can't even get into BIOS. This is unacceptably poor quality control.

1 Message

January 11th, 2022 12:00

Same situation here. Symptoms exactly as OP listed. I went through diags, troubleshooting, etc with no resolution. Rolling back the BIOS to 1.13.0 resolved all power issues. The only thing I would add is this: You will need to put the BIOS file on a USB C flash drive or use a USB A to C adapter, otherwise the BIOS Update tool does not recognize a flash drive in the USB A port. Also, once the BIOS roll back is complete I had to remove the back cover and disconnect the battery for a minute or so to enable the laptop to power on again. Once it powered on it has performed perfectly. 

No Events found!