Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

1 Message

June 18th, 2022 19:00

Latitude 7320 Detachable is a complete failure

I am curious if anyone else has experienced the same issues, or if it is just isolated to the initial, and subsequent replacement unit that I have received.

I had been using a Microsoft Surface tablet combined with my Dell Precision laptop to satisfy all of my business requirements.  I was excited when the 7320 Detach was introduced as I would finally have all of my tools integrated into the same "eco" system, and would be able to use the same docking stations for both laptops.

The first 7320 Detach was received and operated for roughly four weeks before it failed during a BIOS update.  It would not even boot up.  ProSupport Plus was very responsive, going so far as replacing the unit completely with a new 7320 Detach.

I received my second 7320 Detach and loaded my software.  I would use intermittently as I did not completely trust the 7320 to be my primary.  I would run into small issues here and there, but nothing that could not be resolved.  Finally the 7320 Detach failed again as the OS would not load/boot.  ProSupport Plus arranged for a replacement HD to be installed by an attending technician.  That process took almost two weeks between the availability of the HD and technician scheduling.  When the HD was installed, and ran through the OS image load, I noticed the computer name based upon the HD was "Precision Tower" in lieu of the correct Latitude identification.  This tells me that this HD was a recycled HD from another computer.

After the OS image loaded it took four days before the first Windows BSOD.  I had not loaded any external software or devices to the 7320 Detach as I did not trust the stability of the device.  From that point, the 7320 Detach went into a Windows BSOD failure on a daily basis just running Microsoft Edge.  I have attempted to reload Windows 6 times in the past three weeks to resolve this issue, and the 7320 Detach continues to Windows BSOD crash on a daily basis.  NO external software installed.

I have attempted to have ProSupport Plus contact me so that I can have them repair the 7320 Detach, but I cannot have any one contact me back with an open service ticket now of almost two weeks.

Has anyone else experienced these types of issues with their 7320 Detach?  It is frustrating to have a +$3K laptop fail multiple times.  There is absolutely no way that I could trust this device to be my primary.

At this point, I just want Dell to fix this 7320 so that I can sell it on EBay.  It is pathetic that I am selling a received Dell product in less than six months from receipt due to the undependable nature.  I know I CAN depend on a Microsoft Surface Pro so that is what I have purchased as its replacement.  I guess I will not be able to have both of my devices in the same "eco" system after all.

Dell reps I hope you are taking note.  I have over 30 Dell products between my business and my family, and the confidence has deteriorated to where I am looking to other manufacturers.

• 

17K Posts

June 28th, 2022 04:00

Update = After completing troubleshooting, a DELL-Cares agent setup a system exchange.

• 

25.7K Posts

June 19th, 2022 07:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

2 Posts

March 2nd, 2023 00:00

I bought a refurbished 7320 and ran into problems immediately.  It would not wake after screen sleep.  And turning it off that the sleep settings the laptop would random shutdown even in the middle of streaming video.  After a lot of debugging, I discovered that going into the BIOS and turning off the CPU C-states fixed the problem.  It was a lot of trial and error and I hope this fixes the problem permanently.

December 18th, 2023 20:51

horrible horrible tablet, yes it maybe luck of the draw? I doubt it.

you open the box you start the tablet it loads, and then out of nowhere shuts down (BRAND NEW OUT OF THE BOX) im done with intel rubbish untill they do something like apple did, where you JUST USE device without eternal troubleshooting clouds over you, I'm not coming back! 

one thing that put me off reading inside bios  small print is that they use free variant (amazon based) layered over other cheap bios.

orange light when trying to start switching type-c charge cable from side to side, and pressing power on seems to sometimes allow it to boot. after that bios update would just fail in mid. time would reset in bios. bizarre behavior in and out. I managed to update BIOS by switching speed step C-States, and VT off

I got Faulty brand new out of the Box, Latitude 7320 Detachable, after 7280 detachable failed FOR THE SAME REASONS 7320 detachable fails now! WOW what a great experience! I only regret opening box too late to use warranty that wasn't extended from previous unit it replaced, basically "they knew they are sending a dud"

c-states off it would attest loard OS to save data. sad sad quality control and support.

I owned few precissions and had only minor issues, never had it this bad with dell, something is really wrong with chain here. I would start from not getting parts from ASUS and software from AMAZON

batteries of replacement keyboards for my 7280 were all dead brand new out of the box 1 technician was not even aware that keyboards on 7280 had any! they sent 2 replacement keyboards all had drained non chargeable batteries. (I have videos and chatt logs to prove how bad was this case, sad to see how cheap hardware damages DELL brand.)

you can't fix stupid, and this turns into deliberately stupid, in my view.

sell and be well.

No Events found!