Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

27 Posts

May 30th, 2019 21:00

Latitude 7490 and TD16 - monitors going black

Hi,

I recenty updated the thunderbolt firmware.  After that I started getting a different display problem.  I have always had a problem with periodic blanking of one monitor when watching specific video streams in chrome ( but not firefox! ).

Now, I am getting all three monitors going blank.  It doesn't happen often though.  They all indicate that there is no signal.   After five to ten seconds at least one of them comes back (the one connected to the hdmi port).

I have to disconnect the TD16 and reconnect to get them back.  Windows still thinks it has the three monitors connected.  

I read an old post (> year? ) of a similar thing.  I am sure that all of my drivers have been updated at least once in that period so thought it might be a new problem.

Any clues?

Justin.

27 Posts

June 2nd, 2019 20:00

The last time it happened, I heard the USB distonnection sound, so perhaps it is not just the monitors nbeing switched off, but the entire thunderbolt connection. I think I did a thunderbolt firmware upgrade a short time ago. I am sure it was after this that the problem started occuring.

281 Posts

June 4th, 2019 13:00

1 Message

January 7th, 2020 05:00

I have a Dell Latitude 7280 and a WD15 and it does the same thing to me when I remove a USB from the WD15 front USB connectors. I just ejected the USB first today and was able to remove with no issue, so its definitely tied to the OS not being happy with the disconnect, without eject.

1 Message

May 3rd, 2020 19:00

Sometimes removing the monitor in settings works however sometimes need to reset TD16 

this is a real problem for me as I perform demos and this is very disruptive - i though a docking station gave me more stability which is not the case - will need to look further a field than dell when I next upgrade - any suggestions?

No Events found!