Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 6th, 2022 11:00

Recommended Battery Replacement?

I was wondering when do you guys recommend replacing battery?

Notice how the design is almost 50% less than the full charge? I was just thinking maybe I should place an order for a new battery on amazon or ebay but I wanted to run things by you guys... the professions!

Here is a snippet of the generated report for Battery capacity history for my Dell Latitude 7390 Laptop:

FULL CHARGE CAPACITY DESIGN CAPACITY
60,002 mWh 34,071 mWh  

BATTERY 1
NAME DELL DM3WC64
MANUFACTURER SMP
SERIAL NUMBER 532
CHEMISTRY LiP
DESIGN CAPACITY 60,002 mWh
FULL CHARGE CAPACITY 34,071 mWh
CYCLE COUNT -

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

October 6th, 2022 12:00

If you're no longer getting the battery lifespan that you need on a full charge, replacing it is the only option. It depends upon what you need from it. One of my laptops has a lower current capacity than yours, but it's okay for me because all I need it to do is to keep the laptop in sleep for a few hours at a time. If you need to work without AC power, you may want more.

Parts-People has OEM batteries for that model in stock.

115 Posts

October 7th, 2022 06:00

Yeah - u have to replace it, because its down half of its capacity, which is pretty low. What i found on amazon is this one- seems to be "original" from what i can tell.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Latitude-Primary-Battery-DM3WC-451-BBYE-Black/dp/B077Q4BDWP/ref=sr_1_3?crid=195R2D278OKTG&keywords=DM3WC64+akku&qid=1665149702&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIxLjY2IiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=dm3wc64+battery%2Caps%2C79&sr=8-3

Parts people is always a good hint, and im sure you will find more, if you know where to look and where to get.

I did replace three notebook akkus / batteries so far (hp, hp and latitude) with a "foreign" brand which i found on amazon, 1, 2 years and 6 months ago, all of them work to full satisfaction up to the day.

No Events found!