Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

1 Rookie

• 

15 Posts

June 22nd, 2018 12:00

WavesSysSvc Service Application High CPU Fan Constantly Rus

WavesSysSvc Service Application is running at 25-30% and the fan on the PC is constantly running.  Dell 7490, fresh Windows install.   

1 Message

June 28th, 2019 00:00

I have just been struggling with the same problem. It seemed like it was related to my DisplayLink port replicator because I only experienced the problem when the pc was powered on while docked. But then I tried removing my Jabre BIZ 2400 headset from the dock, and that solved the problem (after a reboot). The problem also appeared when I boot the pc with the Jabra directly plugged in the pc (no dock connected).

After installing the Jabra direct 2.0 software the problem was solved.

2 Posts

July 9th, 2019 16:00

The solution cited by @AJ F works. My RealTek Audio driver was already updated, but I had to look under Software Components in the Device Manager and tell it to update the driver for Waves Audio Effects Component. After it updated the driver version was  3.2.0.76 and utilization by WavesSysSvc immediately dropped from 20% to 0%. 

13 Posts

July 22nd, 2019 07:00

I looked many times, but I cannot find the location of "WavesSysSvc" to be able to update that service. I looked inside Computer Management => System Tools => Device Manager => Software Devices But there there is not any WavesSysSvc Service that I could update. Could be located in other place where I could update such service to latest version available? Any further suggestions please?

1 Message

July 22nd, 2019 07:00

I had a USB Skype phone handset plugged in. I tried to update drivers, but it seemed all were up to date. I unplugged it, rebooted, and plugged the handset back in and the problem seems to be corrected.

1 Message

December 8th, 2020 16:00

This is apparently a bug that manifests when two users accounts are active. This video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcAPXwB4HV0 suggests logging out of the other accounts, but that didn't work for me. However, when I deleted the other user accounts it magically stopped. It's a nasty bug, constantly cooking my PC. Worth a try. 

2 Posts

March 4th, 2022 17:00

Same issue here. Also fresh windows install. Dell Inspiron 5502

1 Rookie

• 

19 Posts

March 16th, 2022 09:00

Yes same here. Dell Inspiron 5502. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling Realtek Audio. I downloaded just the Waves MaxxAudio Pro application.

Nothing is working.

I really, REALLY don't want to have to do a system restore. I just found this thread. I didn't scroll to the last posts because it was a 2018 original thread, but I see others are having a current (March 2022) problem.

Anyway. I started a new thread here:

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/WavesMaxxAudio-is-using-CRAZY-CPU-percentage-contantly/m-p/8166083#M140883

I also wonder if recent Windows updattes are screwing things up. I recently (March 2 and March 11) updated to Windows 21H2. Maybe that's part of the issue.

tttt.JPG

1 Rookie

• 

19 Posts

March 16th, 2022 10:00

In the mean time until Dell fixes this, (or Microsoft) or Realtek, or the Easter Bunny......

I went into task manager / start up tab / and disabled Waves MaxxAudio Service Application.

But I also have to:

Disable the WaveSysSvc application. Even if you disable the MaxxAudio Service Application at start up, the other WaveSysSvc will still run, and eat upward to 24% CPU.

So I went into services (local) list  (Do a search for Services)

Then scroll down and find Waves Audio Services. Right click, choose properties.

Under the General Tab, Down at "Startup Type" Choose Disabled

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.jpg

4 Posts

March 26th, 2022 20:00

Same here.

Definitely a software bug.  My service "Waves Audio Services" is stuck on "Starting" and CPU / Power use is HIGH!

Steps I took to stop this:

1) Speakers right click, properties, Enhancements tab: Check the box that says "Disable all Enhancements"

2) Open Services and set Startup Type to "Disabled"

We will see if this helps get rid of this service.

PS: There is NO "Uninstall" for this program!!!!   Come on Man - Dell Fix this!

1 Message

March 30th, 2022 02:00

Same Issue here on a XPS 15 9510 under Windows 11.

Answer form Dell Pro Support. As long as the supportAssistent is showing no Issue there is nothing what they can do.

This is not only frustrating but also causing the question why we are paying a lot of extra money for the support each year.

Please fix this asap DELL.

2 Posts

October 18th, 2022 13:00

Affected too on 7320. Killing the battery... It's a shame really !

2 Posts

November 16th, 2022 02:00

So I did contact Dell pro support too, whom did not think it was a software problem. They replaced something on my laptop, the audio port part I think. 

It did not solve the issue. Actually now after the many driver and waves updates, Waves just don't even pop up anymore and I can't get my audio port to work.

I used CCleaner as a suggestion from the on-site technician that found some driver updates that are beyond what dell proposes, without success.

1 Message

January 3rd, 2023 20:00

XPS 15 9510 Windows 11 22H2. The problem still persists.

August 18th, 2023 07:57

I have the same Problem with a brand new Latitude 5430. 

It costs over 1.7k EUR... I tray also to talk with Dell Support.  

RealTek have Problems with USB Audio Drivers. The Driver is really buggi. Shame on Dell :(

Next Time I will buy a Macbook Pro. 

No Events found!