Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 25th, 2018 13:00

lattitude e6420 will not boot past dell logo and then reboot

i recently lost some drivers and could not connect to wifi. i tried to correct the lost drivers by downloading what i though was the proper ones on the thumb drive and downloaded to my laptop. some of the driver errors went away. when i rebooted the system it would only reboot to the dell logo and then a a two line sentence appears but not long enough to read and the laptop reboots. this is a continuous cycle. any suggestions on what i may have did to cause this?

thanks for any and all help

5.6K Posts

October 26th, 2018 07:00

@none available wrote:

after running the long test twice it is giving me an error code 2000-0142 at 40% completion. does this mean my hard drive is faulty?

Yes.  

5.6K Posts

October 25th, 2018 17:00

@none available wrote:

i recently lost some drivers and could not connect to wifi. i tried to correct the lost drivers by downloading what i though was the proper ones on the thumb drive and downloaded to my laptop. some of the driver errors went away. when i rebooted the system it would only reboot to the dell logo and then a a two line sentence appears but not long enough to read and the laptop reboots. this is a continuous cycle. any suggestions on what i may have did to cause this?

thanks for any and all help

Are you sure you don't have a failing hard drive?

Run Dell Diagnostics --- F12 at bootup.

October 25th, 2018 17:00

just ran it and it states "no problems found"

5.6K Posts

October 25th, 2018 19:00

@none available wrote:
just ran it and it states "no problems found"

Did you run the quick test or the extended which takes over an hour?

October 26th, 2018 06:00

after running the long test twice it is giving me an error code 2000-0142 at 40% completion. does this mean my hard drive is faulty?

No Events found!