Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Rookie

• 

29 Posts

October 24th, 2018 03:00

Description og of Dell repositories for ubuntu distributions

After upgrading to 18.04 I am wondering what repositories are relevant to add as apt-sources.

On http://dell.archive.canonical.com/dists/ there are many repositories addressing Bionic. But I cannot find any descriptions of what repositories to include given a specific hardware. Could someone from Dell please provide a description of the repositores.

I have a 9350 and 9370 and they may not need the same drivers. Can someone tell which repos to include for different hardware versions?

Jarl

4 Posts

November 13th, 2019 03:00

Hi Jarl

I hope this helps answer your question. I am a newb so this could be complete rubbish but I discovered this after reading your question and thought I would share. If you still have access to the the pre upgrade image the following might help

I created a recovery USB stick and in the root there is a file called prepackage.dell in there you will see the list. Some of these are in non core repos. You will need to register them....

Look in your original /etc/apt folder to see what extra repositories have been configured. On my machine the extra are setup under folder /etc/apt/source.list.d there is a file describing each extra repository.

The signing keys also need to be registered. I have a single file with all registered keys. /etc/apt/trusted.apg

I have successfully copied these files to a vm and can now access these repositories, which include the Dell signed oem device drivers (for my machine and version). I think i had to run sudo apt update to refresh the repo cache. Alternatively you can use the software and update UI component 

In the software and update UI component there is also a tab for Additional Device drivers

I hope that helps

No Events found!