Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 21st, 2013 21:00

FIXED: Error on resume from suspend (13.04)

I've discussed this issue in one of my other posts but I wanted to give it it's own thread because it is an ongoing issue that I can't seem to fix.

My hardware: L322X, 1080p, i7, 8gb, 256gb

My software: 13.04 beta 2 with latest updates

The error shows up upon opening the lid of my laptop after it has been closed for an extended period of time. (i.e. it doesn't happen after 2 minutes but it does after 15 minutes or longer). Instead of going straight to the log-in screen, I get a black screen with the following error messages:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:emotion-30: dpm_run_callback(): pnp_bus_resume+0x0/0x80 returns -19

:emotion-30: PM: Device 00:06 failed to resume: error -19

:emotion-30: tpm_tis 00:08: tpm_transmit: tpm_send: error -62

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After waiting approximately 1 minute, this screen goes away and the log-in screen appears. I can then log in as usual.

What I've done to try to fix the problem:

1. Clean re-install of Ubuntu 13.04. This didn't help.

2. Did a "boot repair" (i.e. re-installed grub 2) using the following commands:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yannubuntu/boot-repair && sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install -y boot-repair && boot-repair

I choose the Recommended Repair and followed all instructions for entering commands into the terminal. This also didn't help.

In fact, nothing I have tried so far, has worked. I have filed a bug report about this issue with Dell and somebody was trying to help me a few days ago; but now he appears to have lost interest.  https://bugs.launchpad.net/dell-sputnik/+bug/1167623

35 Posts

April 26th, 2013 17:00

FIXED after latest updates. Thanks!

1 Message

March 26th, 2015 12:00

Curiously, a very similar issue has popped out recently from my XPS 13 9333, fresh 14.04.2 install, kernel 3.13.0-49-generic.

After more than 15 minutes of suspension, when I open the lid the screen remains completely black and the notebook is totally unresponsive. Sometimes the fan turns on as if the CPU is busy,

No way to regain the control, though. Got to cycle the power.

In some other cases the screen is ok but the audio goes away. Both Alsamixer and pavucontrol say that everything is ok but I just can't hear anything.

dmesg reports that "PM: Device 00:06 failed to resume: error -19"

Rebooting gets everything back.

Quite annoying issues. Any help?

No Events found!