Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

4 Posts

November 3rd, 2018 00:00

Hardware error logs during installation Fedora 29

Hello!

I got this log with Hardware errors when I was trying to install Fedora 29 from Bootable USB. 2 weeks before, I got crashed my Fedora 28 OS. I was trying to install Nvidia graphical drivers, after some commands in terminal I got some logs with errors and my screen was fully black only with one or two sentences about errors and I just turned off the laptop. After that (I had dual booting OS) I deleted and formatted volumes on which was Fedora and Fedora's Boot Files. 

My Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 Service Tag:   Express Service Code:

OS Windows 10

All drivers updated

BIOS last version driver 1.8.1 from 11 Oct 2018

Fedora 29 Hardware Errors log.jpg

4 Posts

November 4th, 2018 17:00

Today I created a new one bootable USB, and I installed Fedora. After I reboot the system without USB and picked Fedora in Grub2 menu. Still got same errors, but then the system started, I saw a Fedora's ''ballon" then, the full 'F' after 30-sec freezing I got a grey screen with a cursor in the right bottom corner of the screen and it was the end of Fedora booting. The Live version (from USB until installation) was working correctly but installed Fedora on my hard drive won't boot.

4 Posts

November 6th, 2018 12:00

Currently, I Tried to install Ubuntu 18.04 LST and after installation, I Got the same problem - I Rebooted the system, choose in Grub2.0 menu Ubuntu and Ubuntu started to load, after loading I got an only clear screen with the cursor in right bottom corner, and that is all. Unix OSs won't boot. Why? 

4 Posts

November 8th, 2018 08:00

thank you for your reply, I found the answer to my question. So it is:

Select the current (newest) fedora kernel boot entry in the GRUB boot menu and press the E key.
Add nouveau.modeset=0 rd.driver.blacklist=nouveau at the end of the line beginning with Linux.

After that, I already got a login screen and logged to the system. After that, I installed Nvidia drivers (using bumblebee as I have 2 VGA Intel and Nvidia)

So after that actions, Fedora works fine. Thank you community xD

In Ubuntu the same line but you have to only write "nomodeset" and remove "splash quiet"

No Events found!