Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 18th, 2015 18:00

Suspend/Resume issue using Ubuntu 15.04 and Kernel 3.19

I recently got a XPS13 Developer edition and had a ton of issues with the stock image. I replaced that image with Ubuntu 15.04 that comes with kernel 3.19 and many of the issues went away.

I am still having two issues:

1) every time the computer suspends, all applications are closed when I resume

2) rare keyboard repeat issue (not as concerned about this, though ideally it gets fixed as well)

Have other had this issue with Ubuntu 15.04 and resolved it? Any information would be helpful.

36 Posts

May 19th, 2015 02:00

Do you have

tap to click

enabled?

See https://github.com/advancingu/XPS13Linux/issues/14

Your hibernate/suspend simply does not work when all applications are closed after resume.

How do you suspend or hibernate?

• Via indicator menu (Alt+F10 Suspend or Hibernate)
  • Via power buttton menu
  • From command-line

In general you seem to have the problems everybody is still having with 15.04/3.19.

Would be great to hear from anybody who can declare any of these issues fixed and how they achieved it.

3 Posts

May 19th, 2015 07:00

Do you have

tap to click

enabled?

I disabled this feature soon after getting the machine as it caused unintentional events on the screen.

Your hibernate/suspend simply does not work when all applications are closed after resume.

• Via power buttton menu
  • From command-line

In general you seem to have the problems everybody is still having with 15.04/3.19.

Would be great to hear from anybody who can declare any of these issues fixed and how they achieved it.

I have not suspended the machine myself as of yet, it usually sleeps after a certain time period and when I come back and resume my session all applications are closed as if I did a reboot.

36 Posts

May 19th, 2015 07:00

anaran

Do you have

tap to click

enabled?

I disabled this feature soon after getting the machine as it caused unintentional events on the screen.

And we're all still wondering whether this is a hardware/firmware/software issue.

• Via power buttton menu
  • From command-line

I have not suspended the machine myself as of yet, it usually sleeps after a certain time period and when I come back and resume my session all applications are closed as if I did a reboot.

Aha, so what is your setting for

Super+A Power (System Settings Power)

When power is critically low

If that is Power off then that explains what you are seeing.

I have Hibernate in this setting, but hibernate always leaves the screen dark after resume, even though it does firrst resume from disk image, but goes dark then, not brightening up to touchpad or keyboard strokes either.

No Events found!