Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 28th, 2017 06:00

XPS13 9360 cursor jumps while typing

My XPS13 works pretty much flawlessly except for one rather annoying issue: Often while typing the cursor will jump to another location. As far as I can tell this happens in many different applications - Thunderbird Mail, various text editors and so on. It can happen several times even with a short section of text.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so is there a fix? I am a developer and have installed Ubuntu 16.10 over the Windows installation the machine came with. Clearly having my cursor change location without warning while typing is a frustration to say the least..

I see a solution has been found to the trackpad cursor jump issue (by blacklisting a driver). Might a similar cause be giving rise to this problem?

Thanks in advance.

3 Posts

March 29th, 2017 04:00

I experience the same behaviour. I just tried www.dell.com/.../erratic-cursor-movement-on-the-xps-9360-with-ubuntu-1604-installed . Will report back if it fixes the issue for me. At least it does while typing this text...

29 Posts

March 29th, 2017 05:00

Thanks @exactt, glad to know I'm not alone.

3 Posts

April 5th, 2017 02:00

Sadly the issue is not fixed for me... I still get occasional mouse pointer jumps...

February 15th, 2018 09:00

I have the same issue, i've not been able to work around it.

12 Posts

April 26th, 2018 12:00

I think the same issue has continued onto the 9370 too. I see this fairly regularly. Blacklisting the psmouse driver didn't help me either.

No Events found!