Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2010 08:00

Ubuntu 10.04 install on Latitude 13, no wireless detected

I'm having an issue with the wireless (Intel WiFi Link 5100) not being detected on my Latitude 13.  It's a fresh install of 10.04 (ubuntu.com version - not the Dell-tailored distro).  The wireless card is detected when listing out the pci devices attached, but I can't even enable it.  Intel's website says this card's drivers are built into the new kernel, so it should be detected right away...

Anyone having similar problems or thoughts on a solution?  Looking to avoid the ndswrapper option...

Thanks,

Adam

4 Posts

August 6th, 2010 17:00

So, I figured out that this is just an issue of the wireless being disabled.  The Function+F7 just enables/disables the bluetooth antenna.  Anyone know how to enable the WiFi antenna??

4 Posts

August 30th, 2010 07:00

bump bump!  Anyone???

4 Posts

August 30th, 2010 07:00

Oh - i've tried the "ifconfig wlan0 up" command, which makes the light for the wireless antenna come on, but it still isn't able to be "enabled"...  This might be the same for the Vostro 13, too... anyone?

12 Posts

November 29th, 2010 02:00

Oh - i've tried the "ifconfig wlan0 up" command, which makes the light for the wireless antenna come on, but it still isn't able to be "enabled"...  This might be the same for the Vostro 13, too... anyone?

I've been always concerned about it, Could you give more details? Anyone have got the solution? It's long.
No Events found!