Highlighted
DubelBoom
2 Bronze

We Want Dell's Statement About Alps Touchpad Driver (if you have this problem read this)

I think its about time that we will get a proper Alsp Touchpad driver for Linux.

Dell and Alps, you should be shame at yourself! not giving any support for the biggest problem of Linux? Even release the Windows's driver source code, I'm sure some developers will develop a driver from it.

We want the a senior manager to see this, and comment on the statement.

If you also have this problem, please leave a comment.

I hope someone in Dell will do something about it..

0 Kudos
15 Replies
DubelBoom
2 Bronze

Re: We Want Dell's Statement About Alps Touchpad Driver (if you have this problem read this)

Dell, why are you ignoring this?

I can't contact any support email, and I'm not sure the Israeli support has something to do about this. So I have no way to contact you, and even when I open here a post you ignore it?!

At least the hardware support is good...

0 Kudos
frankilgallo
1 Copper

Re: We Want Dell's Statement About Alps Touchpad Driver (if you have this problem read this)

Agreed.

Dell used to be a very popular brand amongst linux users.

I don't think they are understanding the damage they are doing to their reputation.

0 Kudos
DubelBoom
2 Bronze

So... Dell, can you please answer?

0 Kudos
t-r-e
1 Copper

we want answers dell , you dell have the worst customer service ever 😞 😞 😞  

0 Kudos
t-r-e
1 Copper

* About Dell Statment That They Didn't Recieve The Drivers Protocols From ALPS I Would Like To Say : We Bought The Laptop From Dell Not From Alps , So It's Your Responsibility Dell To Release The Driver And  I Don't Care How You Release it Without Alps Protocols Because It's Not My Business It's Yours !!!!!

I Don't Remember When I Bought The Laptop That You Mentioned Anyway That ( It Will Work Only On Windows !!!! )

So It's My Right To Have The Drivers I Need  Immediately By Any Means  !!!

I'm Waiting For Your Response  DELL

0 Kudos
DubelBoom
2 Bronze

At the and I'll contact dell support, and will ask for my money back.

I bought a laptop that should work great with Linux, but it's not?!?!?! It didn't said anywhere Linux wont work.

We want drivers in .deb and .rpm formats!

0 Kudos
t-r-e
1 Copper

As Mr DubelBoom Said If We Didn't Get The Drivers We Want Our Hard Earned Money Back !!!

I Will Keep My Eye On This Thread Every Day , Every Hour , And I Hope Everyone Else With The Exact Problem Do The Same And Don't Get Boared Until We Get Our Rights !!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
t-r-e
1 Copper

it's been over a month and half and still no official replay , is that how you treat your customers dell ? with silence ? that's really shame dell !!! definitely my next laptop won't be dell (worst afterbuy service ever ) !!!!!

0 Kudos
mike_0
1 Copper

I got this new i7 17r laptop but it looks like it is going back to its mother. can't live without scrolling and two fingers gestures.

happy business Dell.

0 Kudos