Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 2nd, 2012 10:00

Dell 1250c color printer and Ubuntu driver

As I have read that " Dell 1250c is compatible with the Xerox Phaser 6000B ", I tried to get that driver working in PureDyne ( Ubuntu based ) . Until now it failed .

Is there someone who can explain me precisely what has to be done to get it going ? Thanks very much !

( When I try to print a testpage, I keep getting 'client-error-document-format-not-supported' .... )

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 2nd, 2012 12:00

What precisely have you done to get it working?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 2nd, 2012 12:00

I installed 'xerox-phaser-6000-6010_1.0-1_i386.deb' on my PureDyne system, which is based on Ubuntu/9.10 (karmic) .

Then system/print in the menu, via "others" I filled in : device URI : "usb:/dev/usb/lp0" .

Following window : ""select printer from database", I chose the Xerox that was visible in the list .

Then, when I try to print the test page, I get the error  " CUPS-server problem . 'client-error-document-format-not-supported'  "

And that's it .

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 3rd, 2012 05:00

Thanks, but no, apart from my system not recognising the USB connected printer, that's what I did, manually then .

I also tried via Generic Printer . That took me a bit further, to the point of almost printing a testpage, but then messages appear that the printer maybe is not connected, but of course it was .

So I am stuck again, in another way ....

8 Posts

January 4th, 2012 13:00

For PureDyne, no idea. But within Ubuntu (i.e. 10.4 LTS) install the Xerox Phaser 6000B .deb file. Then create new printer queues from within the CUPS interface (https://server:631/). Loading the latest firmware (using a directly attached Windows of Mac system) will help. Also check with directly attached system (Windows or Mac) if the default settings are the same as under CUPS. If not, jobs will stall. Different paper size (i.e. Letter instead of A4) in one of three (printer, CUPS or local) will cause the job to stall. Calibration of printer with directly attached system once in a while helps stability.

No Events found!