Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

45 Posts

November 10th, 2021 01:00

Cannot delete credential profile on OMIMSSC

Hi,

for testing purposes we had created a secondary credential profile on the OMIMSSC (v7.3) and we now want to remove that profile.

Apparently, one of our discovery jobs seems to be still using it and we cannot delete:

One or more Credential Profile cannot be deleted. Credential profile SVCSCOM MONITORING2 with ID 50002 is associated with a device and cannot be deleted.

How can we find the device that using the profile ? I've checked in the History Log on the Integration dashboard, but it does not list the name of the used credential profile.

Thanks
Thorsten

• 

8.4K Posts

November 10th, 2021 07:00

Thorsten_S,

This could get challenging depending on the size of the enviroment, and due to limitations of the OMIMSSC GUI. Which as far as OMIMSSC,  I think it can be correlated in the GUI but depending on how many devices you have that could be the challenging part. You  might have to pull the logs and pop it up in Notepad++ and search for it to see what devices it tries to discover.

Let me know what you see.

45 Posts

November 11th, 2021 00:00

Hi Chris,

I've looked through the GUI and also downloaded the logs but couldn't see a reference to what profile is used. We do have 140 devices in OMIMSSC.

I just realise that, even if I were able to find the device using the wrong credential profile, I cannot do anything about it. There is no way to edit an existing discovery nor the option to remove it....

That GUI is lacking so many basic functions.

Thorsten

45 Posts

November 11th, 2021 05:00

Hi@DELL-Marco B 

as mentioned above, I get the message that the profile I want to delete is used somewhere. I'm looking for a way to find the device that is using that profile.

Thorsten

• 

3.4K Posts

November 11th, 2021 05:00

Hello,

unfortunately I confirm that you cannot remove a discovery job.

Just for your information you can delete a credential profile from here:

https://dell.to/3C5LhK6

Thanks

Marco

No Events found!