Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 17th, 2011 17:00

Dell Streak 7 looping

My Dell Straek 7 keeps showing the message !The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close,

1 Message

July 15th, 2011 07:00

I've been getting the same thing.  I think that I may have narrowed it down to the Swype app.  If I force close the app, I don't see the error.  However, Swype seems to have an auto start function, since it starts back up after a few minutes and I get the error again.

How can I permanently disable Swype?

3 Posts

July 24th, 2011 09:00

I have just got the exact same problem, which means I can not use anything on the phone. Have tried with SIMand SD card out and get no joy. Have tried linking to PC and doing a back up with no joy as I can not find "android.process.acore2 in back up files to replace with one on the PC.

3 Posts

July 26th, 2011 03:00

Sorry Guy's the only way round this problem was for me to use the Factory Reset. Before carrying this out make sure you have copies of all Liciences numbers as the program maybe held on the SD Card but the Link to it is in the ROM and after reset you will have to re-log into the App (i.e. Co-Pilot) and re-enter the licience for it to work. I now have a fully working system with the Android keyboard back and the system is at 2.2.2 as a base function. The phone was bought at 1.6 so the updates since have established themselves in the ROM, which is nice to know as you do not have to go 2.1, 2.2 etc during re-build.

No Events found!