Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 26th, 2016 19:00

Dell Venue 11 Pro 7139 Core i5 vPro Multi Touch Problem

Hi everyone,

(OBS.: English is not my first language, so if it's not clear what I have written below, let me know)

I have searched all around and could not find a solution for this. I will describe the problem below, but first of all let me show my hardware config:

And some other infos to consider:

1- The tablet came originally with Windows 8.1 Pro, I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

2- It came with BIOS version A15, and I updated the bios to the latest version A16 before applying any change and before install the drivers.

3- I installed the drivers in the appropriate order recommended by Dell in these links:

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/SLN292679/EN

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/SLN293406

4- It was difficult to find the drivers for Windows 10, but I found them in the Dell Support Page and the last one (the FingerPrint Sensor) I could only make it work properly by downloading the driver on Microsoft Update Catalog searching by the Hardware ID, and now it works fine.

THE PROBLEM:

1- When I turn the tablet on and use it with only one finger to touch the screen, it works like it is supposed to do, no issues concerned about the touch screen. I use the touch keyboard with no problems, and the keys pressed corresponds to what is being showed on the screen.

2- When I touch the screen with five fingers or more (using the other hand, no matter what hand first touched the screen), some of the little balls showed below my fingertips starts to go crazy (the specific fingertip and quantity is random, I have tested different distributions of fingers on the screen). These balls appears when you touch the screen and maintain the finger pressed against the touch screen.

3- When I say it goes crazy I mean that one or more balls (or press points, or touch points, or whatever you call it) starts to blink randomly near the fingertip associated with this touch point, as if it is being pressed many times rapidly, unintentionally if I might say.

4- That is when the problem starts, when I use the touch keyboard there are random key touches, for example, if I press 'a', sometimes it's pressed twice, or even three times, or even worse, the near keys are pressed too, unintentionally, like 's', 'z', etc. I need to reboot the tablet to make things work normally again.

Are Dell aware of this problem?

Are there anyone who ever experienced this problem and could solve it?

I would really appreciate any help.

6 Posts

May 28th, 2016 04:00

I had the same issue with my tablet. After doing a bit of research, I discovered the issue is within the Synaptics touch firmware. After some digging, I noticed the screen from a Venue 11 Pro 5130 64-Bit  had the same exact digitizer. Through a bit of trial and error, I was able to install the touch firmware from the 5130 64-Bit on my 7130/7139 model and the problem went away. The touch firmware from the 5130 64-Bit is newer than what downloadable for the 7130/7139 model tablets. However, downloading and trying to install the 5130 64-Bit touch screen firmware will not work, you would need to use a custom made program to install it. I will include a YouTube video I made showing the results of the install as well as a download link in the description. 

www.youtube.com/watch

No Events found!