Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 10th, 2016 18:00

Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140 will no longer turn on

Dear Dell support,

My 7140 tablet no longer turn on after a two month not using. Now when I try to power it on it will vibrate and that's all - screen does not turn on, nothing. If I touch Windows logo the tablet vibrates. It also gets hot in this state.

If I try to boot into BIOS (volume+ and power buttons) - I can see that power LED starts blinking in RED color 4 times, then pauses, then 4 times again, etc.

If I hold volume- + power I get into screen test which works fine.

I tried disconnecting the battery, I also tried taking out SSD but again no difference. I have not yet tried to disconnect the small round battery (because the connector is so small).

Do I have a brick? Is there any chance to recover the unit? I know it is used but I still payed quite a lot for it and it even worked for an hour or two...

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 11th, 2016 02:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

As we understand the when you turn the system on it vibrates and the screen is blank,however you are able to boot to the BIOS .

Kindly check if you are able to run the diagnostics on the system.Also plug the charger and check if it boots.

Kindly private message the service tag and email address.

Thanks

Robiin

3 Posts

October 11th, 2016 12:00

how to run the diagnostics, did the charger in and ember light on, but it vibrates and the screen is blank, i did hold the volume- and power buttons screen blinking with different color. don't know if it boot up or not, but the tablet back it warn and hot.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 12th, 2016 10:00

Hi,

Kindly click on the link below which will help you run diagnostics on the system.

www.dell.com/.../DSN_155502

Thanks

Robin

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 13th, 2016 11:00

Hi,

We are waiting to hear from you.Kindly let us know if the issue has been resolved.

Thanks

Robin

3 Posts

October 14th, 2016 19:00

Screen not even turn on

October 17th, 2016 05:00

Hi nmf2k,

Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.

(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 18th, 2016 10:00

Hi,

We are waiting to hear from you.Kindly do let us know if the issue has been resolved.

Thanks

Robin

9 Posts

December 10th, 2016 11:00

That [pattern of 4 blinks (orange), pause, 4 blinks] is the signal for "battery totally dead; I'm not gonna turn on".

The charger may be suspect. Or the micro-USB connection to the charger. Especially if you're using a standard 5V usb adapter.

If you can get your hands on a Dell Latitude (40-pin) charger, it will reliably charge the tablet with the 19V/23W regime, via the dock connector. Unfortunately, you can't use the keyboard and charger at the same time.

August 14th, 2017 15:00

I have the same issue, but have an amber light that stays on for about 3 seconds when I hold the power button down, and when I plug in the charger it will not charge. This happened after I let the battery drain in standby mode.

I knew there was a reason why I stopped buying dell computers years ago, they are all junk.

No Events found!