Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 11th, 2010 14:00

Streak Android Update News - UPDATED 11-15-10

2nd UPDATE 11-15-10 (10:50 AM CST):

Hi folks, just wanted to share the link to the Direct2Dell blog post which contains more detailed information regarding the Froyo OTA Update.

http://en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs/Direct2Dell/b/direct2dell/archive/2010/11/15/android-2-2-froyo-and-the-dell-streak-details-on-how-the-upgrade-will-work.aspx

Thanks,

Amy

UPDATE 11-15-10:  As many of you may have already heard, today Dell will begin releasing an OTA update to Froyo. There are a lot of details to share and a blog post on Direct2Dell will outline many of those. I'm also currently working on a supplemental FAQ, which will be posted here.  Stay tuned today for more information.

Thanks again for your patience and feedback,

Amy

*****Original Post - October 11, 2010*****

Hi Folks,

Due to resources and commitments to get our global customers the 2.2/Froyo update by the end of the year, we will not be publishing another version of 2.1 nor will we be pushing out 2.1 to additional customers.

I know many of you have requested that we publish specific dates for Android OS updates; however, because there are so many variables (some outside of our control), we cannot make a specific commitment other than we will be publishing 2.2 by the end of this year to all of our Dell Streak customers. I can tell you that our target date is NOT December 31st. In fact, the over-the-air update to 2.2 is target date is much sooner than that.

Please stay tuned here to the Mobile Devices Forum board announcements or follow @DellCares on Twitter for more information.

Thanks again for your feedback,

Amy

No Responses!
No Events found!