Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 10th, 2009 13:00

1707FPC Power Button failure

The power button on my 1707FPC monitor does not 'click' any more and the monitor will not switch on.

It is exactly 3 years since I bought it so I think it is just within warranty.

The Customer Services etc links keep asking for a Service Tag, but mine doesn't seem to have one!

So how do I inform them of the fault?

I need to report it ASAP as they may say the warranty has expired.

1.3K Posts

April 10th, 2009 13:00

Hi

Welcome to Dell,

You need a order number or a service tag. You may be able to use a serial number on the back of your monitor.

12 Posts

April 10th, 2009 14:00

When you go to the dell support website, you can deside what you choose. Pick the drivers option. Then they wich pc U have. Pick "enter service tag".
Then there is an option: automaticaly find my service tag. It will install an axtive x adone. This will find your service tag on your pc.

I have the order number and serial number, but all the Customer Service links ask for this Service Tag which isn't there!

1.3K Posts

You should consider getting on the phone with a CS person.  A monitor will have a service tag when brought with a computer, when purchased alone not tag.

I have had two exchanges of a 2407 in the states.

Thanks - I thought of that, but it was too late today (after 6pm) and they don't work over the Weekend. It is also possible that they may not work on Monday as it is a Bank Holiday. That means not being able to log the problem until Tuesday which will be 4 days after the warranty expires!

April 10th, 2009 16:00

That won't work, the monitor was bought as a single unit - not as a full system.

No Events found!