Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

S

December 2nd, 2007 21:00

2007WFP, stand stuck in lowest position

I made the mistake of moving the monitor, and locking it down in the lowest position while I moved in my new desk, because now it will not unlock. I have pushed, pulled, heard the click, read all the suggestions here to no avail. When the stand "clicks" and the back button pops out after I push it down the the lowest, I then press the silver button back in to release it and pull up, but you can "feel" something stopping it. Something is jammed. Now, I bought my mother this same monitor almost a year ago and the same thing happened to hers, but she likes hers low and I chalked it up to a fluke. Any other suggestions besides me asking for a replacement? My neck and back are killing me from looking down!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 2nd, 2007 22:00

While pushing down on the top of the monitor towards the ground, press the stand button. This should release it?

December 2nd, 2007 22:00

Nope. Again, I had done my research before posting. And I must say, there are an awful lot of people out there with the same problem. I push down completely on monitor, I push in button, button does "unlock" - it stays in - but I am still "hitting" something inside when I try to lift up. I've twisted, turned, to no avail. Locked and pushed down and locked and pushed down over and over. I only just got this monitor 2 months ago. Been fine until it got locked in the down position.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 3rd, 2007 11:00

SecretAgentWoman,

You will have to get it replaced. If you have a service tag number associated with your monitor, you may use Chat or Email support to setup the monitor exchange. If you only have an Order number associated with the monitor, you must call in, 1-800-624-9896. They will need the following information -
20 digit PPID number on back of monitor
Name, address, phone, email address
Order number
Issue
Troubleshooting done

1 Message

October 28th, 2014 15:00

THANKS! Dell-Chris-M!

The terick with this monitor stand seems it is a little "more adjustable" than some might expect.  In looking for a similar answer to "SecretAgentWoman", I read the post, was only a little deterred and tried again.  

The back "stand" separates easily from the monitor with the "black button" on the monitor.  This made it clearer what I was pushing on/trying to adjust.  Putting just the stand on the floor, pressing on silver button on support "arm" it finally clicked completely, released the part that connects to the monitor, and could slide UP!  

I would guess that the weight of the monitor did not help the process of clicking the button and getting the attachment to slide up.  Thus the slide DOWN works pretty well, the slide up does not ESPECIALLY when the monitor is attached.  Thus others might have this same issue and unless they detach the monitor, it might not slide up sufficiently easily.  We do not do this much, and the monitor is old so it is not big continuing concern.  

Thanks again "Dell-Chris M". 

- Marshall Bryan

1 Message

November 21st, 2015 12:00

Worked like a charm, even 8 years later : )

1 Message

November 29th, 2018 18:00

Thanks so much, now it works

No Events found!