Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

August 17th, 2006 08:00

2007FP, stand stuck?

I was wiping some dust/smudges off of the monitor with a towel, and in the process, I put a hand on top of the monitor which inadvertently pushed it down. The height is obviously adjustable, so I didn't worry about it and finished wiping the stuff off. However, when I went to lift the monitor back to where I had it set, it wouldn't go up. Is there some button that I'm not seeing that lets me adjust the stand, or is there a problem?

I've located the lock down/release button, but it either doesn't work or requires strength to push down. Anyone have ideas on how to get the monitor up/get the button unstuck?

1 Message

August 20th, 2006 19:00

There is a trick to unlocking it:

First, push the screen straight down with one hand (it will move down a few millimeters or so from its current position).

While holding the screen down, push the rectangular button that is on the back of the stand. You will notice that the button pushes all the way in now that you are holding the screen at its lowest position.

Then, while holding that button down with one hand, raise the screen with the other. You should now be able to raise and lower your monitor screen freely.

The trick is to push the monitor screen all the way to the bottom (until it goes no further) before pushing the button.

Hope this helps.

34 Posts

August 17th, 2006 10:00

I think if you push gently down on top of the screen before you push the button it should work for you.

1 Message

November 19th, 2006 20:00

It worked fine with me also, after the flat got stuck all the way down.  I struggled to get it up . Now I got it back up.

1 Message

June 16th, 2022 16:00

Still useful info after all this time. Thanks!!

No Events found!