Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 4th, 2010 16:00

2209WA stuck on power save mode after PC put into 'sleep' mode

Hello,

Hope you can help.

whenever I put my computer to sleep mode and come back to turn it on (by pressing any keyboard key), the PC turns on, but the monitor still is in sleep/energy saving mode! It doesn't matter if I turn the monitor off/on or manually select an input (dvi/vga/auto), it still is in energy save mode and won't receive a signal from my PC.

I have to restart my computer or hold down the power button to force the computer off and turn it back on before a signal is picked up on the 2209wa.

I just bought the monitor 2 weeks ago too

How do I make it so that whenever I put my computer to sleep, the pc & monitor will turn back on? I didn't have this issue with my old dell LCD monitor (2309W)

Im using windows 7 and VGA out (on board video on my dell inspiron 531) and no settings have changed since.

thanks for your time

2 Posts

October 5th, 2010 12:00

Good luck getting a response from dell,  I had this same problem on my E2209W about 2 months after I bought the monitor.  I asked this question on here about a month ago, with no response.  My monitor used to give me the same problems your does, and it didn't bother me to much.  It was a slight annoyance to have to unplug my monitor and plug it back in a couple times before the signal would catch, but its now to the point where it won't ever catch the signal.  So now  the monitor is a paperweight.  My suggestion to you is to get a refund and buy a better monitor before your 3month warranty expires.

No Events found!