Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 22nd, 2012 15:00

2713HM Serial Number on monitor is different from Box/Calibration Report

I recently purchased a new Dell U2713HM from shop justcomp (just.ru ), computer shop in Moscow.
I out of interest checked the tag on the back of the monitor (center bottom on back) and to my surprise the serial number is different from ones listed  on the box shipped and the calibration report.

The one the monitor lists:
Rev A00
made in China
Manufactured Date: Jun 2012
serial number CN-0P5F7J-74445-26M-040L
Service Tag:

The box lists:
Rev A00
made in China
Manufactured Date: Jun 2012
Serial Number: CN-0T91NK-74445-26M-040L (same as the calibration report)
Service Tag: (same as the monitor)

I'm confused as I would have thought for a brand new monitor these would match?? 
Right now I am fearful I got a refurbished monitor as new??

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

October 23rd, 2012 11:00

vitbolsh,

Didn't I send you a private message? If not, let me explain. We cannot control what a reseller does once they have purchased the monitors from us. It appears that the reseller removed the original monitor that shipped in the box and replaced it with a different one. My advice would be to return the monitor to the reseller. Then, purchase a monitor directly from our website. This way you will get a monitor that matches the information on the report and the box.

1 Message

May 22nd, 2013 22:00

Hi Chris,

I am digging up this old thread as I have a similar problem to OP.

I purchased a U2713HM recently from DELL HK via the company's phone sales representative recently. It took 8 working days for it to arrive as she said it is in production in China and takes that many days. So thats great, I'll be getting a fresh newly built monitor.

When it arrived, I noticed an 8mm internal scratch on the monitor straight out of box, I also noticed that the serial number on the monitor was different to that of the calibration report and the box it came in. I promptly emailed the sales rep and the case was referred to another dell employee who organised for the delivery and swap of another monitor. During this I informed him of the problem with the serial number also and he assured me I will be receiving a NEW monitor with matching serial numbers.

I have now received the new montior. This time the monitor was sent in from Singapore, obviously resealed with new tape and the serial numbers are different again. I am very frustrated and suspect that I'm receiving a refurb monitor (probably in both cases) while purchasing directly from DELL and not through a reseller. 

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 23rd, 2013 16:00

typemike4321,

What are the monitor 20 digit PPID numbers?

No Events found!