Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 16th, 2012 18:00

A defective part on a Dell SX2210t Monitor

I have been a DELL customer for almost 10 years. Over that time I have purchased or have been responsible for purchasing at least eight DELL computers for personal or family use. Today I experienced my worst Dell Customer Service contact ever.

Earlier today I tried to connect a device to the USB port in the back of the monitor. When it didn't go in smoothly I pulled it back out and the small plastic spacer fell out. It can not be inserted as it will not stay in place so that the USB plug is no longer usable. I called DELL Support and to make a long story short I was told that "it will not be covered under warranty because it is a customer created problem".

I could not make the support tech understand that it is a part inside the plug that fell out and that it was impossible for me to break it unless it was defective to start with. Subsequently I was transferred to the superviser who said the same thing.  "Dell will not replace the monitor because the problem is due to the customer creating it.".  I asked if he could give me the name of an executive to whom I could write and request warranty coverage. He laughingly refused to do that and became argumentative. At one point I said that I will escalate it highter up to Dell headquarters. His reply to that was " go ahead ". Throughout the conversation he became argumentative, arogant and flippant while repeating that it was my problem, without listening to what I was explaining.

I still intend to complain to DELL Corporate but I thought that the forum membership should be aware of what may happen when you call to report a malfunction of a part under warranty.

Again the Supervisor's name is   and the call center location was the Phillipines.

I believe in the principle of "you are only as good as the last time you messed up" because that is what you will be remembered for, so this is what I will remember DELL for and perhaps this is my last Dell after a decade of being a loyal customer.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 17th, 2012 06:00

I disagree with their resolution and attitude. Send me a Private Message (click my username, click Send Message) with the following data so I can look into this -
Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Monitor Order number:
Monitor 20 digit alpha-numeric PPID number: (found on a label on the monitor itself)
Reason: USB port casing
If available, a link to a picture of the failure
http://imageshack.us/

No Events found!