Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

December 7th, 2022 21:00

U2723QE, Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop color profile issues

So I've been scouring the web trying to figure this out. I've just got a new Dell U2723QE UltraSharp 4k monitor. I'm sticking to the monitor's hardware sRGB internal setting as the foundation. I've set the ICC profile as such within my Windows OS Color Management to match the monitor model. 

So with Lightroom, changing between the Library and Develop modules seemingly changes the white balance color of the images. If I turn GPU processing off, it stops changing. It upholds an overly blue toned image color across both Library and Develop. Turning GPU processing on, the Develop module displays the image matching near perfect to the back of my Canon R5, straight out of camera look, so I'm inclined to see that as the most accurate. But Library view sticks to the blueish tone image. 

Setting 'Photoshop > Color Settings > Working Spaces > RGB' to 'Monitor RGB' (matching OS Color Management selection) seemingly gives me accurate white. But that color profile doesn't work when bringing external edits in from Lightroom which wants to work with ProPhotoRGB, which is what I've always done and want to keep for color accuraacy with my client's work, etc. Making the Photoshop Color Setting ProPhotoRGB though gives my images the blueish tone as I see it in Lightroom's Library module. When I'm in Develop with my accurate color and the GPU processing on, the filmstrip thumbnails down the bottom are still with the blue tone. 

To top it off, if I drag Lightroom or Photoshop across to my second monitor, my older HD Dell U2415, the problem doesn't exist. I can actually see the blue tone stay on screen for a second before it transitions! So it's clearly a color profile communication issue directly related to this new 4k monitor. Is it a monitor setting or a software setting in this case? I've got no idea.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

August 21st, 2024 20:40

Same situation with the Dell U3223QE

3 Apprentice

• 

725 Posts

September 1st, 2024 19:29

People should refrain from buying widegamut monitors without basic color management mode... or at least as "apple people" do, refrain form touching OSD for anything different that changing brightness.

YOU CANNOT USE driver ICC profile with sRGB mode/simulation on a widegamut monitor. Same for AdobeRGB or P3 for wider gamut models.
Default ICC profile states NATIVE GAMUT, D65 and 2.2/sRGB for gamma/TRC... hence it is only valid for use on OSD settings taht at least honor native gamut primaries and 2.2/sRGB as gamma/TRC. (sRGB TRC is not srGB colospace, just sRGB "gamma", "how fast" grey rises to white from black)

Factory gamut simulation modes, "trusting" that they are accurate must be used setting as default display profile the colorspace it is simulating.

No Events found!