Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 5th, 2016 05:00

Brand new monitor got a backlight bleed

Hey guys.3 days ago I bought a new monitor (Dell P2416D). after i bring the monitor to my home i noticed some backlight bleeding on my new monitor.then one day later i bring the monitor back to the shop where i bought the monitor.But they keep saying no need to worry about a backlight bleeding with that much,take the monitor back to home.but i dont needed to use a monitor with a backlight bleeding.i asked them to return the monitor to a new one without a backlight bleeding.the keep telling me i have to wait 6to 8 weeks to have a monitor back.if Dell company reject to send me a new monitor i have to use that monitor with a backlight bleeding.what do i need to do for that?? help me guys. (sorry for my bad english)

• 

16.7K Posts

December 6th, 2016 04:00

Anuja DIssanayake,

If the monitor has a back light bleeding through you will need to have the shop where you bought it, replace it. I dont know why they are telling you to wait 6-8 weeks. If you puchased it directly from Dell you will need to contact Dell directly to have it replaced. If you did not purchase it directly from Dell you will need to work with the place you purchased it from. There is nothing you can do that will fix the backlight issue.

* Our manufacturer does not validate our monitors in a dark room. They validate our monitors in rooms with a minimum of 150 lux which is standard office lighting

* That monitor does fall within our manufacturer specifications for backlight uniformity. Dell does not have a 100% coverage Backlight uniformity evenness standard. It is acceptable for the corners or sides to differ somewhat from the others or center and still be within manufacturer specifications

December 7th, 2016 04:00

very helpful thanks :)

No Events found!