Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 1st, 2021 13:00

C3422WE, crackling or popping audio issue

Hello community,

When using my monitor speakers for either hear streamed music from YouTube or even when using TEAMS for conference calls, there is certain distortion (Crackling or Popping Audio) that erratically appears. The current audio default format is 2 Channel, 24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality), but not sure if this is the right config or how could I get this distortion to disappear.

Thanks for the support in case anyone has made to resolve something similar.

• 

16.8K Posts

April 14th, 2022 08:00

Update= Resolved- cfhi-guy stated I have installed the new bios provided by your team and so far that seems to have solved the problem. 

Community Manager

• 

54.4K Posts

June 2nd, 2021 06:00

* Open the C3422WE Menu
* Go to Audio
* Choose "Reset Audio"
* From within the C3422WE Menu, lower the volume to 50%
* To raise or lower the volume going forward, use the Windows speaker icon on the right taskbar by the time
* Open the audio application and retest

1 Message

June 3rd, 2021 05:00

Have the same issue as topic starter with the same monitor model DELL C3422WE.

I reduced the volume to 50%, but still can hear the crackling sound on high peaks.

It seems strange that I can't use my monitor that costs more than 1000 USD with 100% sound.

The description showed 2 speakers 5W each.

Tried to reinstall realtech and Inter drivers.
Tried to turn off Waves Maxx Pro

The result is the same - CRACKLING on high peaks

1 Message

October 21st, 2021 18:00

The advice did not work for me either. Did anyone solve this issue?

12 Posts

November 14th, 2021 21:00

Same issue for me. Never had any issues with sound before, now on this monitor I get random distortion when on Teams calls. Not what I expected from a high-end monitor for sure....

Community Manager

• 

54.4K Posts

November 30th, 2021 06:00

All C3422WE users should update to the latest firmware. Then retest.

Windows M2T105

macOS M2TA06

3 Posts

March 28th, 2022 14:00

We ordered 6 of these monitors and have the same random crackling/distortion for 5-10 seconds at a time. I checked one monitor and it already has firmware version 05. Is there a newer firmware to address this issue?

3 Posts

March 28th, 2022 15:00

From Dell support. Brutal response. Popping and crackling is working as designed. Facepalm.

I understand that you're facing an issue with the monitor. We see that you have problem with the monitor having crackling noise, upon having this checked on our database, this is working as designed and it is a hardware limitation. Unfortunately we do not have any fixes or solution for problems which arise due to hardware limitation.

April 1st, 2022 09:00

I have the same issue. If this is "by design" then I will stop purchasing and deploying those. I think the excuse is Code of Conduct policy. DELL-Admin> . What limitations? My 2 years old conferencing sound bar from Dell has NO sound issues and sounds much better and louder than the speakers on this monitor. What a shame, i was such an advocate for this device. And yes, I have the latest firmware and followed the instructions to set this up properly.

No Events found!