Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 18th, 2008 17:00

Cannot rotate screen 2208WFP & Inspiron 1525

Hello!

I've recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 1525, with 3Gig RAM, Vista Home Premium.  It has an integrated Intel 965 video chipset, which I have upgraded to the latest driver on support.dell.com (currently at version  7.14.10.1409).

I also have a brand new flat screen Dell 2208WFP 22".  I also downloaded and installed the latest monitor driver from support.dell.com.

All is well except that I cannot get the monitor screen to rotate 90 degrees.  I can physically rotate it, but I cannot find anywhere in Vista the settings to rotate the screen.  I've tried:

- The Windows Mobile Center (the rotate icon does not show)

- Installed program iRotate and Pivot, but do not change anything

Can you tell me where I am going wrong?  I read on the web that I might have to enable this functionality but I cannot see where.

Thanks for any help!
Marc-O.

2 Intern

• 

2K Posts

June 19th, 2008 01:00

I'm not familiar with Intel video settings, but what multi-monitor mode are you using? It could be that rotation is not enabled if you are using "Clone' mode - see if there's a setting that enables independent views on each display.

2 Posts

June 19th, 2008 02:00

Hi!

At the moment, I am using the dual-monitor mode, with my external display as my main monitor.  I have also tried the clone-mode or using exclusively my external display, and in all cases, I see no option to enable the rotation settings...

Any other ideas?  Anybody out there with my issue?

Thanks!
Marc-O.

2 Intern

• 

2K Posts

June 19th, 2008 06:00

There's a comment in these Intel driver release notes that implies rotation can be disabled in the BIOS - it might be worth a look.

This page also might be useful.

1.7K Posts

June 19th, 2008 20:00

In display settings, the advance button and then you should get the intel extreme tab. There a box to put this on your tray also
No Events found!