Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

December 21st, 2010 11:00

Cannot turn off the screen

Hi,

I have a Dimension 5150 and I'm having a problem with the monitor. A new issued appeared whereby when the screen goes into "turn off monitor" mode it no longer switches off. Instead it seems to go into a whole new screen saver of screens where the screen is just 1 primary colour, cycling through several colours. It also goes into this mode if I shutdown but don't unplug.

This in itself is annoying in itself but once in this mode I cannoty turn off the screen.

So now I have this problem, when I shut down I need to remember to turn off the screen before it gets to this mode. Any ideas?

The monitor is a Dell E176FP

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 24th, 2010 19:00

That should have worked? See this.

Also found this -
* Press the Menu button to open the OSD (on-screen display)
* Press the minus button to highlight Factory Reset
* Press the Menu button to activate the highlighted function and when it asks if you want to reset say YES by using the minus button

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 22nd, 2010 08:00

What specific monitor model?

4 Posts

December 22nd, 2010 09:00

Its a Dell flat screen E176FP

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 23rd, 2010 17:00

My bad, didn't see that in your first post.

* Turn the monitor off
* Hold the menu button and plus button at the same time, then hit the power button
* Once it's come back on, press the minus button and the service menu should pop up
* Turn Burnin Mode or LCD Conditioning to Off or Disabled

4 Posts

December 24th, 2010 08:00

Hi Chris, Thanks for your help. You didn't miss the first post, I edited after you said. I was posting using my work computer which is running IE 6 and this forum doesn't give you the whole conversation chain so I could not see your post to reply to other than in the email it sent me.

Still enough of that, I'm on the Dell now running IE8. 

I have tried several combinations but I can't get to the service options you mention. Just to check I am doing the right thing:

1. The monitor is switched off
  2. I'm holding the menu and plus button
  3. Whilst still holding those 2, I press and let go of the power button,
  4. Still holding the menu and plus I wait until the screen comes up
  5. Once up still holding menu and plus I press the minus button ( I have also tried press and hold)

Unfortunately nothing happens. I tried several other combinations but no luck (I'm obviouisly not getting it quite right). Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark

4 Posts

December 25th, 2010 12:00

Many thanks Chris, that worked a treat.

Happy holidays,

Mark

No Events found!