Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 4th, 2012 12:00

Color Calibrating U2711

My laptop does not have a DVI or Displayport and so I have used both HDMI and VGA to connect. Both of course give less than full res. I have been calibrating with EYEONE hardware and software. The colors are always too warm, reddish even with White Point set at 7500.

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 recognises both lap top and attached U2711 monitor so I don't think any problem there.

My question is can I get correct colors without full resolution?

BTW even using other preset modes color is too warm.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 7th, 2012 11:00

Dalbal,

"Both of course give less than full resolution"

Using HDMI what resolution are you getting?
Using VGA what resolution are you getting?

4 Posts

November 7th, 2012 14:00

Chris,

VGA 2048 x 1152

HDMI 1920 x 1080

I have tried various things including setting back to provided profile, still too red, setting white point at 7500 and then calibrating, still too red...

I check by looking online at good photographers photos of birds. So a brown sparrow for example the browns would appear reddish.

I have checked that Firefox works correctly and it does.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 8th, 2012 06:00

Post some pictures of the red issue here: http://imageshack.us/

4 Posts

November 12th, 2012 14:00

http://daleroy.smugmug.com/

Hi Chris. Perhaps we can use the above website. i tried joining and posting to imageshack and am still waiting for confirmation e-mail.

If you look in Dec 2011 folder at the third and forth photos of a hawk for example. Both have too much red. I believe the red channel in the monitor is too strong.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 21st, 2012 20:00

Did you run the monitor OSD (On Screen Display) -Other Settings -Factory Reset? Our Color alignment is at 6500k.

4 Posts

November 22nd, 2012 06:00

Oh. That's good to know and thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, I have done that. I have reloaded the software; I have reassigned the factory profile: I have checked out and updated the card.

The card is capable of handling multiple LUTs. The EyeOne software was correctly assigning the profiles on start up. I have also learned that Win7 will do this and that is now how I have the system working.

Long story short I have learned that for Wide gamut monitors the EyeOne Match2 calibrator is not recommended. It is also recommended that monitors be calibrated at their native resolution. I will have both of these items corrected by mid to late January. After that if there is still a problem then I would only assume it is the monitor itself.

No Events found!