Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2012 03:00

Color issue with U2312HM + DisplayPort question

Hi guys

Yesterday the monitor started acting up a little bit. Colors that were previously grey are now pinkish. Perhaps there were some other color changes but that's the one I noticed right away. I tried googling and seeing what are the best calibration options, but nothing helps. Is this a known issue, is there anything I can do about it? Is there a tool I can install to see whether my colors are showing correctly?

For instance, the header of this forum is supposed to be grey, is has more of a brown/pink color to me. 

On another note, I'm trying to find a DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable on Ebay but without any success. Are they so rare or am I searching for them wrong? Reading this forum it seems that the monitor doesn't work very well with DisplayPort to DVI or DisplayPort to HDMI cables. Since my graphics card supports DisplayPort I think it would be the best to connect it with that cable

Thank you!
Vedran 

4 Posts

January 27th, 2012 03:00

Thanks man! While none of those sellers shipped to Croatia I did manage to find one that did. These cables seem to be 2-3 times as expensive compared to HDMI cables - I missed them before because I didn't go through the later pages (they were sorted by price)

All in all, thanks again for the help!

58 Posts

January 27th, 2012 04:00

No problem, glad you got it sorted. I didn't know you were in Croatia - things are much easier to purchase here in the UK, I suppose we just take things for granted.

The pink tint issue you describe is a problem with a lot of U2410 monitors although it's the first time I've heard of it on the U2312. Thing is Dell don't recognise it as a problem/fault, but I assume your monitor is still within warranty so I would get it replaced as soon as possible, before it gets any worse.

4 Posts

January 27th, 2012 04:00

The thing is, (in Croatian stores) they won't replace a product unless there is something wrong with it. You can't just come back after a week and say you want a replacement, god forbid your money back. And if you say that Dell doesn't recognize this as a problem...I'm basically stuck with this.

4 Posts

January 30th, 2012 02:00

Can anyone from the support team reply. Is this a common issue? Should I be worried? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 2nd, 2012 16:00

Run the Self-Test and the Built-In Diagnostics. What are the results?

No Events found!