Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 27th, 2012 19:00

Dell 2001fp LCD problem??

Hi,

I have Dell 2001fp LCD,

When I turn it on its can't show Dell/Ultrasharp,

After that LCD show the primary colours one by one, first show Red then Green then Blue and then after 5 seconds it show White colour,

What is the problem of this LCD? Does it hardware or firmware problem?

Help me,

Thanx..

2 Posts

November 27th, 2012 22:00

I reset the LCD but problem still same, it shows same colours one by one.

Any other solution??

3 Apprentice

• 

710 Posts

November 27th, 2012 22:00

Hi Kashif008,

1. It appears that your monitor is in 'Self-Test Feature Check (STFC)' mode. We perform monitor self-test feature check to determine the screen functionality. I appears when the monitor cable is not properly connected to the tower (or is not effectively communicating with the computer tower)

The floating 'Dell - Self-test Feature Check' dialog appears (against a black background) if the monitor cannot sense a video signal. Depending upon the selected input, one of the dialogs shown below will scroll continually

- If the monitor screen displays a similar looking 'floating box' it indicates a healthy monitor

2. Please have a close look at the monitor connector pins. Check if they are bent or broken. If yes, replace the cable and re-check.
If no abnormality is observed in connector pins, try releasing static discharge from the computer
- Power off the computer
- Isolate the system tower completely (Unplug all connections, devices and cables from the back of the tower)
- Press and hold the power button on the tower for 15 - 20 seconds
- Release the power button
- Plug the power cable, monitor cable, keyboard and mouse back in
- Power the computer back on and check results

3. If you are not getting a similar 'floating bars' screen on the display, try the following steps:
- Check if any of the buttons on the monitor are stuck
- If not, try resetting the monitor settings back to factory defaults
- Navigate to 'Factory Reset' option and 'All Settings'
- Restart the monitor to recheck (Refer to the images below)

Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

3 Apprentice

• 

710 Posts

November 28th, 2012 20:00

Hi Kashif008,

Run 'Self-Test Feature Check' (STFC) to check the monitor functionality. Follow these steps to run the test.
- Turn off both your computer and the monitor
- Unplug the video cable from the back of the computer. To ensure proper Self-Test operation, remove both Digital (white connector) and the Analog(blue connector) cables from the back of computer.
- Turn on the monitor.
- The floating 'Dell - Self-Test Feature Check' dialog box should appear on-screen (against a black background) if the monitor cannot sense a video signal and is working correctly. (Refer to image below)

- Check for the 'abnormal color display' on the screen again. If they are still visible, it indicates that the monitor has gone bad and needs replacement.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide the monitor details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Details required:
1. Monitor’s Service Tag / 20 digit PPID serial number / Dell order number
2. Account Holder's name (Name of person who purchased it)
3. Primary contact number
4. Secondary contact number
5. Best time to reach (time zone detail)

Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad  to assist.

No Events found!