Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2011 20:00

Dell 2408wfp purple vertical line

Hi guys,

I have a small question and hopefully some one can get me in the right direction into getting my monitor in shape.

I have a dell2408 wfp. I believe its about 2-3yrs old.

I had a black background with some purple lines going through it and I never noticed that there was an extra purple line going up and down on the right hand side of my monitor until I changed my background.

This happened several months ago, and it would come up once in a while until the monitor "warms up", about 15 minutes, then it goes away. I never gave it a thought since it went away.

My biggest problem is the line is much much thicker now, and it takes a lot longer to "warm up".

Video card- nvidia gtx260 (2 dvis, I am using one for the dell monitor other is currently empty) Running on windows 7

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 21st, 2011 07:00

Baldr,

If you do not see the issue while in the STFC <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> (Self Test Feature Check), the culprit is either the video card driver, video card, or the cabling.

If you see the issue while running the monitor STFC, then the monitor is defective and should be replaced if under warranty. If you only have a monitor order number, you should contact Order Support. If your monitor was purchased tied to a Dell PC, contact Technical Support. They will need the following data -
Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Monitor Order number or PC Service Tag number:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number:
Reason: Monitor fails the STFC (Self Test Feature Check)
Troubleshooting Done:

(19254471)

June 22nd, 2012 04:00

I have had the same failure on two of these monitors, one just within the warranty period, the other a year after.

The fault appears when connected to another computer, so it is definitely the monitor.

By the way, if you have a monitor that fails within the warrenty period, don't expect a working replacement from Dell without a lot of persistence.  The first two attempts at replacement were both worse than the original.  On the 3rd attempt, they gave up and replaced with a newer model (U2410), which works OK.

Another big FAIL from Dell customer service.

No Events found!