Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 22nd, 2008 04:00

Dell 3007WFP - Missing every other pixel

Hello,

Recently when I booted up, I noticed my monitor was missing every other pixel.  By missing every other pixel I mean every other line vertically is black and every other line horizontally is black.  On the normal resolution that I've been using for a while now, 2560x1600, text has become unreadable. 

I changed nothing in my setup between when the monitor worked and when it did not work.  Since then I have tried changing the DVI cable to a different one and I've tried plugging the DVI cable into a different port on my video card, but neither method helped.  I tried plugging in a different monitor (a Dell 1901FP) and that monitor has no problems.  I have also tried downloading the latest drivers for the monitor.  Nothing has worked.

Can anyone help me out? 

3 Posts

February 22nd, 2008 04:00

Actually it is only missing every other pixel vertically.  Sorry.

February 23rd, 2008 00:00

I may be wrong but it sounds like you have a defective monitor...(obviously)

sorry :(

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 26th, 2008 20:00

amphibian1,

Please post a picture of this issue.

Does the issue occur on the bios boot up screen or in safemode?

* Power off the PC
* Power off the monitor
* Disconnect the power cord from the monitor
* Disconnect all monitor cords from the PC video card
* While disconnected, press and hold the monitor power button down for 3 seconds
* Reconnect the DVI cord from the monitor to the PC video card
* Reconnect the power cord to the monitor
* Power on the monitor if it does not power on by itself
* Power on the PC
Message Edited by DELL-ChrisM on 02-26-2008 09:05 PM

3 Posts

March 1st, 2008 01:00

Thank you, ChrisM, but the problem went away on its own after a few days (thank you Jesus!).  I will follow your instructions if it ever comes back.

In case you're curious, yes the issue was there on the bios screen.  I did not test it in safe mode. 

1 Message

September 22nd, 2012 12:00

I had that exact problem with my 3007WFP monitor and Chris M's fix did the trick ! Quick and easy. After quite a bit of frustration from my own attempts that just narrowed it down to the monitor as the problem. Thanks Dude !!! I'm great-full. 

No Events found!